The Texas Re-Entry Advisory Council is hosting the Annual Vision Summit: Exploring the Future of Reentry.
Our speakers, workshop presenters and our own network of reentry specialist will share their ideas, perspectives and experiences on re-entry from the criminal justice system and the communities that we live in.
In the past, The 2016 Vision Summit had over 200 participants and it was an overwhelming success! In 2017 this conference was not held due to a change in Travis County which started the event. Attendee’s of previous summit could not let this valuable accent to reentry disappear. These attendee’s banded together to form the ever-expanding Texas Reentry Advisory Council (TRAC). which sponsors this years event.
The audience will include law enforcement, non-profits, government health and social service providers, faith based organizations, as well as formerly incarcerated and community members interested in assisting those transitioning from correctional facilities back into the community.
SUGGESTED TOPICS INCLUDE:
* Innovative programs or service providers that assist offenders with re-entry, such as, housing, transportation, employment, education
* Providing services to special populations such as Veteran’s, LGBT and those with medical and behavioral health impairments
* Examples of communities cooperating to develop policies and make decisions that promote seamless re-entry for offenders
* Research and evidenced based practices,
* Motivational success stories from ex-offenders, their families and others